Monday, May 18, 2015

Attending a Baptism

May 18, 2015

Dear Family:

This has been a pretty good week. We taught a lot more and we got my first week of 100+ OYM's! This week we are shooting for the 140 goal for each companionship in the mission. We should hit it too, which would be sweet. Our investigator pool has been shrinking down (we are planning on baptizing several of them) so we are focusing on finding more people and we should add some new investigators this week.

One of the highlights of this week was going to a baptism for the first time on my mission. The 1st ward elders had a baptism this week so we took a couple of our investigators with baptismal dates up to see it and to tour the visitor center. It was really good for them to see it and we are really excited for them. Church was fun too, we got one investigator out and a less active we have been working a lot with to come so Sunday was a really good day.

Last Tuesday I got to go on exchanges with the zone leaders. They are spanish speaking so I spent a day in the life of a spanish missionary. It was a lot of fun. I remembered a lot more of my spanish than I thought I would and it was a lot of fun! The Hispanic people around here are hilarious. They were all super nice to us too. And the dinner was awesome. I am a little jealous of them. But I can't complain. Richmond is a fun English area too. We saw 4 bounce castles on saturday. Our goal is 5 next week. But it will be tough, we are really going to work hard.

This upcoming week we have to go back down to Oakland to do a follow up on the New Missionary Training. We should be really busy this week and it should be a lot of fun. I am very excited to get to work this week! We have a lot of exciting things to look forward to and it should be a ton of fun.

Love,

Elder Hyde

Elder Schaeffer in Companionship Study

Goats at Farm Where Elder Hyde Did Service His Second Day in the Field

No comments:

Post a Comment