Monday, May 11, 2015

Fall-Through Week

May 11, 2015

Dear Family:

So this will not be as long since I just talked to you guys but for everyone else here is a quick summary.

This week was a bit rough because almost every plan we had fell through and I was getting frustrated but its OK. I'm told you just have weeks like that. And we have a lot better plans this week. But Ii was disappointing because our numbers are lower than what we know we are capable of.

I had my first exchanges. I was with our District Leader Elder Geilman. Unfortunately that was an especially bad day on Fall-Through Week. But he is a really good missionary and I learned a lot from him. I love Elder Schaeffer but it was nice to have a second perspective on how I am doing.

We had a zone training on Saturday which was really good! There are three missionaries from Virginia and two from Maryland in our zone which was crazy. The AP's came and taught too. We are refocusing our priorities. Our purpose is to Find, Teach, and Baptize. Everything else is secondary. It was really good. As missionaries we have a lot of stuff we are expected to do, all the stuff I mentioned, work with members, retention and reactivation, etc. But really we need to be focused on finding, teaching, and baptizing. That is where we are best able to serve. We still do the other stuff because it is important but I really appreciated that the main focus is those three things.

Sunday was fun as usual, Church is always funny. It is the craziest place. Then we had dinner at the Maui'a's which is what I look forward to each week, they are the best. And I got to skype home and that was fun.

Although it was a rough week this past week, I am really excited for this next week. We have a lot of great plans and we are working really hard to be prepared so that the Lord can put opportunities in our path to fulfill our purpose. I think it will be a really good week

Love,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment