Monday, July 20, 2015

A Most Taxing Week

July 20, 2015

Dear Family:

This has been one of the most taxing weeks of my mission. I spent about half the week feeling like I might have a heart attack from stress. But it was a good week.

Monday was my last day with Elder Schaeffer. We taught a couple of good lessons. It was sad knowing our time together was over though. I love that guy, I am really grateful that he trained me.

Tuesday I met my new companion Elder Rowley. He is from Winchester, Virginia and goes home in November so he is pretty old. He is cool, I like working with him. But Tuesday we just had District Meeting and then made a run up to Crockett. That is really when the stress started. While I am technically the junior companion, Elder Rowley does not know the area so I was responsible for everything. So I was in charge of getting everything set up in advance and then take the lead in all the lessons. It was difficult to say the least. But we had a good day, we taught a few lessons. 

Wednesday was fun, I got to take Elder Rowley to see Richmond for the first time. We got to teach a few lessons. I was especially excited to see Akana, a member of  our ward who's wife is not a member and we are teaching. He is Samoan and super awesome. While I was disappointed not teach his wife, he is an awesome guy. He has a lot of great plans for his family, I really hope they get there.

Skipping ahead to Friday, Friday was awesome. We had weekly planning as usual, still stressful because I was in charge of getting the plans in order. But it was not too terrible. But we were able to have dinner with the Fautanu's, one of my favorite families in the ward. Unfortunately we were not able to teach anyone for most of that day. But we were able to meet with Craig, one of our longtime investigators. He was actually the first investigator I taught when I got here. We have been trying to get him to keep commitments forever, he just never did. So the last we had we read half of Alma 32 and asked them to read the rest by our next meeting. Based off previous experience I was not very hopeful of anything having changed when we next met. But actually they read 6 chapters! It was the best feeling ever! It was really rewarding to see someone I have tried so hard to help for so long to finally begin to progress! That was one of the best moments on my mission. 

We had a good week overall. We taught the most I have ever. Not sure how that happened other than miracles. So it was nice that the Lord supported me throughout the week. I feel pretty good knowing that I made it through, and not only that, but we saw a lot of progress in the area.

Hope you all have a good week,

Love,

Elder Hyde

No comments:

Post a Comment